With the Cloud industry constantly shifting and evolving on an almost daily basis, reading through industry news and key updates can easily become a time-consuming routine. We’ve consolidated some of the important items to give you a quick glance at what’s happening in the cloud.
1. Microsoft Search Outrage – A worldwide crash of both online and local-based searches through Windows 10 has brought up serious questions surrounding data privacy and transparency.
2. Hangouts Meet with Safari – Google has released an update that now allows you to use Hangouts Meet + the integrated screen sharing functionality with Macs using the Safari browser.
3. Google Docs now has an integrated auto-hyperlink feature, pulling relevant titles as you create URLs/pull in external website information:
4. Google announced an impressive $2.6 billion round for all cloud revenue, which includes G Suite, the enterprise version of Gmail/Docs/Drive/Hangouts and Google’s cloud infrastructure revenue. At $2.61 billion, that puts it on a run rate over $10 billion.
5. Google Maps recently received a fresh logo and overall application update:
6. Google Cloud Documentation gets new look and functionality with an update now providing a refreshed layout, faster pages with offline compatibility, an easier way to provide feedback to the Cloud team, and much more.
7. Google Cloud’s newest service, Secret Manager, provides a secure and convenient method for storing API keys, passwords, certificates, and other sensitive data.
8. Google recently acquired AppSheet, a program meant for helping business develop, create, and extend applications without any coding required.
9. IBM Power Systems now available on Google Cloud – Customers can now run IBM Power Systems as a service on Google Cloud—whether they are using AIX, IBM i, or Linux on IBM Power. Google Cloud offers a path by providing the best of both the cloud and on-premise worlds.
10. Google recently released an updated guide to the top Kubernetes best practices, providing insight and guidance around their containerized app management service.
Looking to take advantage of some of the recent updates to Google Cloud for your business, or are unsure if it would be a proper fit for your company and employees? Schedule a consultation with our Cloud Specialists to learn more and unlock your business’s true potential for migrating and scaling with the cloud.