With the Cloud industry constantly shifting and evolving on an almost daily basis, reading through industry news and key updates can easily become a time-consuming routine. We’ve consolidated some of the important items to give you a quick glance at what’s happening in the cloud.
1. Google Cloud Acquires Cornerstone Technology – Cornerstone brings a wealth of experience and innovative solutions to Google’s portfolio of products and services that help customers modernize their infrastructure and applications. Their capabilities will form the foundation of Google’s mainframe-to-GCP solutions, and customers are able to take advantage of these new capabilities now through Google’s Professional Services Organization and partner network.
2. Google Prepares for Google Cloud Next 2020 – Google’s annual event brings together thousands of people in the cloud community to network and learn about the latest in cloud technology.
3. Google Cloud Storage releases new “Archive” class – a unique storage option for data that won’t be needed for months or years at a time. Businesses can store large amounts of data that isn’t accessed often in this class of storage.
4. Google recently announced an expanded Retail Acceleration Program (RAP), a set of services to help retailers optimize their websites.
6. Managed Service for Microsoft Active Directory (AD) is now available for production workloads.
Looking to take advantage of some of the recent updates to Google Cloud for your business, or are unsure if it would be a proper fit for your company and employees? Schedule a consultation with our Cloud Specialists to learn more and unlock your business’s true potential for migrating and scaling with the cloud.