Given the pace of innovation and product enhancements over years, it was inevitable that this day would come. Google Cloud has officially announced a slight price increase for its G Suite Basic and G Suite Business editions.
Since its beginning over 10 years ago, Google has brought businesses more than a dozen new G Suite services to help them reimagine how they work, including powerful video conferencing (Hangouts Meet), secure team messaging (Hangouts Chat) and enterprise-grade search capabilities (Cloud Search). They’ve also infused their products with advanced artificial intelligence to make it easier to respond to emails, gather insights from data and protect against phishing attacks before they happen.
While the value of G Suite has increased, prices have remained unchanged. It’s within this context, they’ve announced the prices for G Suite Basic and Business will be increasing to $6 and $12 per user per month, respectively. Pricing for G Suite Enterprise will not change.
Below are some key highlights and answers to questions that we are already being asked by customers (and prospective customers alike).
When Does this Go into Effect?
- The price increase goes into effect for all new customers, and those on monthly “Flexible Plan” options, on April 2, 2019.
- For existing customers on Annual Plans, the price will take effect the first renewal date on/after April 2, 2019.
- If you begin an annual or multi-year contract before April 2nd, or have a renewal event prior to this date, you will be eligible for the current pricing.
What SKUs are Impacted?
- G Suite Basic; G Suite Basic Deskless
- G Suite Business; G Suite Business Deskless
- G Suite EDU SKUs are not changing
- G Suite Enterprise is not changing
How Much are Additional Users?
- Additional users added to a domain always get the same price as the existing contract to which they are added under.
Can I Renew Earlier than My Contracted Term and Before Prices Increase?
- For this, you would need to engage with our Sales or Account Management teams to review specific eligibility requirements and approval.
What if I’m Considering an Upgrade from G Suite Basic to G Suite Business?
- As a Google Cloud Premier Partner, Dito has access to various promotional and incentive programs throughout the year that may be of interest. Please consult with our team to discuss the specifics about your account so we can help determine what incentive programs might be available for you. We will do our best to help you understand and evaluate your options.
For more information you can read the official blog post announcing the upcoming changes. In an effort to provide you with all the information possible to better understand how these changes may impact your business, Dito will be hosting an open webinar to review the various G Suite SKUs, pricing updates, and FAQ’s.
REGISTER HERE — Webinar: January 31st at 11am PST / 2pm EST
While price increases are hard to be happy about, Google has done a phenomenal job over the years adding significant value to their G Suite product line. These price increases will allow them to continue to enhance, upgrade, and innovate with the tools you depend on most throughout your work day.
Please refer to this 2-page G Suite 2018 Features Enhancements document that illustrates the many features enhancements that have rolled out to G Suite users.
G Suite SKU