To get add-ons for Docs, simply locate the Add-ons menu, and select Get add-ons. Hint: add-ons for Sheets works exactly the same way.
The add-ons menu will open, allowing you to browse or search. We encourage you to take a look around, and install a few add-ons!
After you find the add-on you would like to use, like Google Translate, select Free to install.
To finish installing, click Accept.
You can access any installed add-ons from the Add-ons menu.
There are many different add-ons to further manipulate how we use Docs and Sheets. Here are a few to check out to get you started.
- Track Changes – Review and approve changes made to your document, similarly to how you could in Microsoft Word
- Merge by MailChimp – Send customized emails directly from a Google Doc.
- Hello Sign – Electronic signatures
- Yet Another Mail Merge – Create your mail template as a draft in Gmail and merge it with your Sheets data.
- Workflows – Automatically send our emails and gather the approvals you need.
- Mapping Sheets – Plot your own data onto a Google Map directly from Sheets.
As you can see, these add-ons can certainly save time and make things easier in Docs and Sheets. If you enjoyed this post, please +1 or share others who may find it useful. Feel free to also add your questions or comments below.