15 Ways Google Made Work Easier & More Secure in 2015 – Part 1
Every year, data security becomes an increasingly-important need. Along with this, so does the need to access and collaborate on files from anywhere on any device . Google has taken it upon themselves to make some significant improvements to their Apps for Work suite. 2015 marked a year of hard work for Google, ensuring stronger, yet simpler security of your data in Google Apps for Work.
Since Google places security as top priority, they’re constantly learning new methods and strategies to deter threats. They’re also continuously improving Apps to help get things done quicker and simpler. So without further ado, here are the 15 things that Google did in 2015 to make your daily work life easier and more secure…
1. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for Gmail will add another layer of protection to prevent sensitive information (messages and attachments) from being revealed to those who shouldn’t have it. Here’s how Google explains DLP in their blog post, or check out the DLP whitepaper they put together.
2. ISO 27018 cloud privacy standard is adopted by Google Apps for Work. With this cloud privacy standard added to Google’s compliance framework, Google Apps for Work will be provided guidance on protecting personally identifiable information. More info from Google.
3. Google’s new Security Key makes 2-Step verification even easier and provides better data protection against phishing attacks. Here’s more info from Google’s support page.
4. MDM and MAM – New mobile device management (MDM) and mobile app management (MAM) for iOS allows employees to easily see which apps are company approved, install them, and keep getting things done. The new MDM and MAM Android policies allow admins to manage devices and apps. Here’s more from Google on these strange acronyms….
5. Search quickly and easily across Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides all from the same place. When you’re working in Google Docs, you’re often working in Google Sheets and Google Slides at the same time. With that in mind, we’re making it easier to find and switch between your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Here’s what Google did to make searching Docs easier.